Updated Travel Advice for The Maldives 2020
COVID-19 in The Maldives
The Maldives has the lowest COVID-19 infection rate in South Asia with the government and private sector working hand in hand to ensure the best non-intrusive safety and hygiene standards for travellers in the new normal.
Read our regularly updated Travel Advice for the Maldives below:
Unlike other countries, The Maldives introduced an open border policy in July 2020, directly after a nation-wide COVID-19 lockdown. Without arrivals having to provide a negative test result or enter quarantine measures of any kind. This has changed a bit and since from September 2020 onwards a negative test result is required to enter The Maldives, but this is in line with all the airline requirements if you want to board an international flight.
Most resorts in the Maldives went paperless, offering digital check-in and access to restaurant menus, leaving rooms and villas vacant for a minimum of 24 hours before check-ins.
In terms of health and safety, the government issued “Safe Tourism Licenses” to accredited resorts that abide by to specific safety requirements like having a certified medic on call and holding an “adequate stock” of personal protection equipment.
View the latest COVID-19 Updates for the Maldives here
Get Inspired – Maldives 2020
The Maldives are famous for their beauty and celebrated as one of the best travel destinations in the world. Now that this dream destination is reopening its borders and commencing safe tourism for international visitors, why not take advantage?
and some more Travel Advice for The Maldives…
Top 10 Reasons why to book a holiday in The Maldives during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- A Safe Travel Destination – by September 2020 The Maldives had recorded only 34 COVID-related deaths thanks to the unprecedented safety and hygiene measures
- Natural Protection since all the Resort Islands in the Maldives are self-isolated
- Hussle Free Entry – most foreign visitors are eligible for visa on arrival at the Male airport. The only travel restriction to enter The Maldives is to present a negative PCR test for COVID-19 on arrival. Same you’ll be needing when boarding your flight
- Outdoor Living – unlike airconditioned indoor venues, there is always a breeze on the beach that keeps you safe. Not to mention the excellent air quality
- Easy Access – Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Aeroflot, Sri Lankan and Turkish Airlines already serving The Maldives on weekly scheduled flights with more airlines to follow
- No Self-Isolation – There are no travel restrictions between Maldivian islands without COVID-19 cases
- Best holiday value for your money – with the tourist industry still not in full swing, resorts are competing with slashed rates, free upgrades and even more personalized services. Contact us for the best hotel rates in the Maldives, including Free upgrades and a dedicated personal service before and during your holiday
- Holistic Healing – after all the negative impacts on your life due to the crises, you deserve a holiday that helps to repair any physical, emotional and spiritual damage. Where better to do so than on sunny beaches combined with state-of-the-art Spa’s and Gym’s?
- Superb Health Care – The Maldives offer a special COVID19 Insurance Plan for everyone travelling to the Maldives starting at only US$ 25/week. Please note; the offered insurance is not a travel insurance, but a special COVID19 Insurance that covers all medical, pharmaceutical and hospital expenses relating to the pandemic. For more information please contact us…
- Last not least – it’s The Maldives, one of earth’s last natural paradises consisting of 1.196 coral islands. The perfect destination for any holiday style, especially in times of a worldwide pandemic. Just let yoyrself go and enjoy dream beaches, an unique underwater world, breath-taking sunsets and world-class hospitality
The World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) has recognized the efforts of Maldives in implementing enhanced health and safety measures, in line with the WTTC global Safe Travels protocols and creating a safe, gradual plan by rebuilding confidence among travellers and ensuring a coordinated approach in restarting the Tourism industry.
Best Online Rates and FREE Upgrades for all our Partner Resorts in The Maldives
With over 20 years of experience in providing Bespoke Travel Services for all the resort islands in the Maldives, Sri Holidays knows the key ingredients to create a memorable holiday and to ensure that you get that extra special experience. Our long-standing relationships with most of the Maldivian hotel operators mean that every effort is made to confirm even the smallest of your special requests. We promise expert planning and seamless execution, along with a 24/7 customer service in English, German, and French (native speakers). Check out our special Maldives holiday packages or create your own together with our travel experts.
ADAARAN CLUB RANNALHI **** – ADAARAN SELECT HUDHURAN FUSHI **** – BANDOS ISLAND RESORT & SPA**** – CINNAMON DHONVELI MALDIVES**** – CINNAMON HAURAA HURAA MALDIVES**** – CINNAMON VELIFUSHI MALDIVES**** – CINNAMON DHONVELI MALDIVES**** – FILITHEYO ISLAND RESORT****+ – KURAMATHI ISLAND RESORT **** – KUREDU ISLAND RESORT**** – MEERU ISLAND RESORT & SPA **** – MEDHUFUSHI ISLAND RESORT**** – OBLU BY ATMOSPHERE AT HELENGELI MALDIVES **** – REETHI BEACH RESORT – RETHI FARU RESORT**** – VILAMENDHOO ISLAND RESORT**** – FUN ISLAND *** – PARADISE ISLAND ***** – ROYAL ISLAND ***** – SUN ISLAND ***** – HOLIDAY ISLAND **** – OLHUVELI ***** – SUN AQUA VILU REEF ***** – SUN AQUA IRU VELI *****
MOBILE / WHATSAPP
0094 773 866 315
If you are looking for general information, inspiration, or guidance in planning your next holiday in The Maldives, our travel experts will help you all the way.
24/7 contact at the number above or via our Enquiry Form.